The last TAMS4CPS US Workshop on Theme 5 will take place on 16th-17th May 2016 at Stevens Institute of Technology, US
This workshop focuses on Theme 5: Integration of socio/legal/governance models within modelling framework.
Models of technical systems must necessarily make assumptions about the environment in which the resulting technical systems will operate, and these systems will be at the ir most effective and efficient when their links to society, its laws and people are seamless. Hence, this workshop will explore five overlapping aspects to extend the reach of modelling and simulation:
- Modelling of human behaviour and performance when individuals are interacting with CPS. This involves both lay people who have no interest in the system other than its performance as well as trained op erators co-working within CPS, human augmentation, and novel interfaces such as exoskeletons.
- Modelling of employment issues for people who are co-workers within CPS. This covers training, education, job design, inclusivity, etc.
- Modelling of decision and control within CPS. This addresses issues of the allocation of authority and responsibility; situational awareness, informed command and informed consent; etc.
- Modelling of external governance of CPS. This covers accountability, regulations both to assure compliance with legal aspects and to create a level playing field for CPS within society.
- Modelling of societal aspects within business models. Th is enables the exploration of Corporate Societal Responsibilities, Responsible Research and Innovation, and other aspects such as integrity, trust and acceptability.