TAMS4CPS Theme 5 EU Workshop
TAMS4CPS will hold its final EU workshop on 16th and 17th June 2016 in Kongsberg, Norway (following the SoSE 2016 Conference http://www.sose2016.org/tams4cps.html ). Please note that you do not have to be registered for the conference to attend the workshop.
This workshop focuses on Theme 5 of TAMS4CPS “Integration of socio/legal/governance models within modeling framework”. Models of technical systems must necessarily make assumptions about the environment in which the resulting technical systems will operate, and these systems will be at their most effective and efficient when their links to society, its laws and people are seamless. Hence, this workshop will explore five overlapping aspects to extend the reach of modeling and simulation:
- Modelling of human behavior and performance when individuals are interacting with CPS. This involves both lay people who have no interest in the system other than its performance as well as trained operators co-working within CPS, human augmentation, and novel interfaces such as exoskeletons
- Modelling of employment issues for people who are co-workers within CPS. This covers training, education, job design, inclusivity, etc.
- Modelling of decision and control within CPS. This addresses issues of the allocation of authority and responsibility; situation awareness, informed command and informed consent; etc.
- Modelling of external governance of CPS. This covers accountability, regulations both to assure compliance with legal aspects and to create a ‘level playing field’ for CPS within society.
- The modeling of societal aspects within business models. This enables the exploration of Corporate Social Responsibilities, Responsible Research and Innovation, and other aspects such as integrity, trust and acceptability.
We would be delighted if you supported us in this task by bringing in your expertise!
Participating offers an opportunity to influence the final conclusions of the TAMS4CPS project, which in turn will help to shape research strategies for EU and US collaboration in CPS in the near future. Outcomes of this and subsequent workshops will, of course, be shared. If you are unable to attend, we would be happy if you could nominate a colleague who would be interested in participating in the workshop.
If you would like to participate, joining instructions, information on accommodation, and a detailed agenda will be sent to you prior to the workshop. Please contact Luminita Ciocoiu at L.Ciocoiu@lboro.ac.uk.